PrerequisiteDownload Windows Server 2012. If you plan on completing this Step-By-Step in a virtual lab, it is recommended to download the FREE Hyper-V Server 2012 first.Beginning the export process on Windows Server 2003
- On the Windows 2003 DHCP server, navigate to a command prompt
- Type the following Command: netsh
- Type the following Command: DHCP
- Type the following Command: server \\Name or IP Address
- Type the following Command: export c:\w2k3DHCPdb all
- Note You must have local administrator permissions to export the data.
Importing the DHCP database on Windows Server 2012
- Copy the exported DHCP database file to the local hard disk of the Windows Server 2008-based computer.
- Select Role-based of featured-based installation and select Next.
- Return to DHCP located in the Server Manager dashboard.
- Right click the designated DHCP server in the services pane, then select Restart.
- Disable and remove DHCP from the Windows 2003 server.